Did you know that obesity is the second leading cause of preventable death in America, second only to smoking? Obesity contributes to as many as 365,000 deaths in the United States each year. Obese individuals have an overall mortality rate almost twice that of normal-weight individuals. Obesity reduces life expectancy by as much as 10-20 years.
Obesity is the “overfat” condition that leads to a host of health risks, including:
· Impaired cardiac function
· Deep-vein thrombosis
· Increased insulin resistance
· Renal disease
· Sleep apnea and pulmonary disease
· Problems receiving anesthesia during surgery
· Osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, and gout
· Endometrial, breast, prostate, and colon cancers
· Abnormal plasma lipid and cholesterol levels
· Menstrual irregularities
· Gallbladder disease
· Psychological distress, social stigma, and discrimination
The world is facing an obesity epidemic. 69% of Americans are overweight or obese. Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980, and more than one in ten of the world’s population is obese.
Primary causes of obesity are active overeating and sedentary lifestyles. If you’ve tried diet and exercise and are still struggling to get down to a healthy weight, Bhatti Weightloss & Sculpting may have answers and solutions that are right for you. Check out some of the newest, cutting edge procedures that are helping people lose 3x the weight of diet and exercise alone.